organic: a (1) : of, relating to, or derived from living organisms<organic evolution> (2) : of, relating to, yielding, or involving the use of food produced with the use of feed or fertilizer of plant or animal origin without employment of chemically formulated fertilizers, growth stimulants, antibiotics, or pesticides <organic farming> <organic produce>
(Mirriam-Webster Dictionary definition)
How interesting… the definition of “organic” has nothing to do with being certified, not related to the FDA or the United Nations. Could there be a world without these money monsters for our food and skin care to actually be completely pure and organic?! In the United States (more than anywhere else), the business of “organic” products is more of a regulation thing than the actual concern with natural foods. Hmmm…
It’s no secret that stores that specialize in organic foods are so much more expensive. Why is that you ask? Because the government makes it their business (BIG MONEY) to stick their nose there, along with everywhere else it seems. So these big organizations thought it would be a great idea to make a certification process- making it practically impossible to put the word “organic” on anything except water. Farmers all over the world are suffering big time because they can’t afford the fees to get the certification for that magical word. The crazy thing about it is: commercial use of “organic” is ILLEGAL. So if I put the word onto my Notox Girl labeling, I could go to jail! (Don’t worry, I’m not going to let that happen ladies).
Here’s a few crazy highlights from an article that was published about a hostile takeover of a food supplier that decided to go “organic”. Some of these rules are the most ANTI-organic ever.
* All nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are to be considered toxins/poisons and are to be removed from all food because Codex prohibits the use of nutrients to “prevent, treat or cure any condition or disease”
* All food (including organic) is to be irradiated, removing all toxic nutrients from food (unless eaten locally and raw).
* Nutrients allowed will be limited to a Positive List developed by Codex which will include such beneficial nutrients like Fluoride (3.8 mg daily) developed from environmental waste. All other nutrients will be prohibited nationally and internationally to all Codex-compliant countries .
* All nutrients (e.g., CoQ10, Vitamins A, B, C, D, Zinc and Magnesium) that have any positive health impact on the body will be deemed illegal under Codex and are to be reduced to amounts negligible to humans’ health .
* All advice on nutrition (including written online or journal articles or oral advice to a friend, family member or anyone) will be illegal.
* All dairy cows are to be treated with Monsanto’s recombinant bovine growth hormone.
* All animals used for food are to be treated with potent antibiotics and exogenous growth hormones.
* The reintroduction of deadly and carcinogenic organic pesticides that in 1991, 176 countries (including the U.S.) have banned worldwide including 7 of the 12 worst at the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pesticides (e.g., Hexachlorobenzene, Toxaphene, and Aldrin) will be allowed back into food at elevated levels .
* Dangerous and toxic levels (0.5 ppb) of aflotoxin in milk produced from moldy storage conditions of animal feed will be allowed. Aflotoxin is the second most potent (non-radiation) carcinogenic compound known to man.
* Mandatory use of growth hormones and antibiotics on all food herds, fish and flocks
* Worldwide implementation of unlabeled GMOs into crops, animals, fish and trees.
I’m sure you’re asking yourself “how in the world is this okay?” It’s almost like the government doesn’t really care if the food is healthy… as long as it’s all following these weird rules and mainly- making them lots of money.
It’s almost like our government has made it easier and more fun to be unhealthy (man, those Pepsi commercials!) and super difficult to be “organic”. Dr. Oz said it so beautifully in a Time Magazine article. We love you, Dr. Oz!
“I consider it a public-health service to the consumer who has to feed a family of five or the person who wants to make all the right choices and instead is alienated and dejected because the marketing of healthy foods too often blurs into elitism, with all the expense and culinary affectation that implies.
We know more about the connection between food and health than ever before — down to the molecular level, actually. This has provided us the curious luxury of being fussy, even snooty, about what we eat, considering some foods, well, below our station. That’s silly. Food isn’t about cachet. It’s about nourishment, pleasure and the profound well-being that comes from the way meals draw us together.”
We know the struggle, ladies and gentlemen! Which is why Notox Girls has decided it’s more important for us to be 100% natural, good for you, and at a reasonable price. BUT NOT ORGANIC. And we’re okay with that! We hope you are too. Every single ingredient in every single product is a grocery store item. That means you’ll NEVER, EVER see words like: Sodium lauryl sulfate, triclosan, parabens, polyethylene, retinyl acetate, oxybenzone, and anything else that you need a dictionary to define. Here’s a few of our very natural, very healthy, and very easy to understand ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar
- Tea tree oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Hibiscus flowers
I bet I didn’t lose you for a second. RIGHT?!?! So that’s my big fat organic conspiracy. If you read the entire article, you’re my kind of gals! Who says you can’t be organic (the non-government controlled way) AND have money left over for some shoes? We say you can have both<3